From all breastfeeding mothers, it’s a common question how do I produce more breast milk or how do I know my baby is eating enough especially when they are feeding their little one’s after every two hours and their friends can wait for almost three to four hours in between feedings who can formula feed their baby’s. Most of the breastfeeding mothers think that they are a low supply of breast milk, but experts say that there are only about 5% of women who actually have this problem. Women who actually have low milk supply are usually due to inadequate glandular tissue, breast reduction surgery or because of any underlying medical condition. You can be confident your medical condition is perfect for the baby as long as your baby is growing healthy and gaining enough weight. You should try few things if you are still worried that how can I produce more breast milk. These tips are given below that help you to naturally stimulate the production of more breast milk.
- If you are worried that how can I produce more breast milk, then the first step is just feed, feed and feed your baby as frequent breastfeeding is the natural way that can increase the production of your breast milk. According to the most lactation advisers, the more breast milk you will produce if the more often you feed your baby and completely drain your breasts. During each feeding, you can also try feeding your baby twice on each breast if your baby will take it.
- By pumping the breasts regularly also increase the production of breast milk as most women say that their breast milk supply decreases when they go back to work and the major cause of low milk supply is because they are not pumping their breasts regularly. Before your baby wakes up, if you can fit in one additional pumping session during the day o at night, it will help especially if your baby dropped the breastfeeding at nighttime. To make sure that your breasts are completely drained you can pump the breasts if your last session was more of a snack or you can also pump your breasts right after the feeding.
- As a nursing mother if you are concerned how can I produce more milk then make sure that your latch is correct. Your baby won’t be able to take enough milk if the latch of your baby is not right and your supply can dwindle also. With your lactation consultant, you have to double check in the hospital or to make sure that your latch is correct when you get home.
- You can also increase the supply and production of your breast milk through milk boosting supplements if you are actually worried that how that can I produce more breast milk. Boost – Breast Milk enhancer and lactation supplements are one of the well-known supplements used for an increase in the production of breast milk. This supplement is healthy and has no side effect as most women can use the supplements for even long term use. Boost – breast milk enhancer and lactation supplement are 100% natural and made from all natural ingredients. It is available in the capsule form and can be taken easily. To get the further details about milk boosting supplement, you can visit boostbreastmilk.
- Drink water but only when you feet thirst as consuming fresh juices and a healthy amount of water in the time period of nursing also effects positively in the production of breast milk. A common myth about the production of breast milk or to increase the breast milk supply is that the more water you drink, the better is the supply of milk will be, but in actual it’s only a myth and it’s not true. Only increasing fluids won’t increase the volume and production of breast milk unless you are removing it. There is no need to go overbroad but to drink enough water to quench your thirst only.
- By avoiding the use of bottles and pacifiers, nursing mother who is worried about how can I produce more breast milk, can increase the production or supply of their breast milk. You can maintain an adequate supply of breast milk by introducing a bottle or pacifier right after your little one is born and he won’t create nipple confusion, but you will be missing the opportunities to feed your little one. Moreover, bottles and pacifiers also interrupt the normal physiological process of breastfeeding. Until your supply of breast milk has been established you can wait at least for three or four weeks.
- Stress is also the factor that can affect the supply of breast milk so if the nursing mothers wanted to increase the supply of breast milk they should try to sneak in some extra sleep, try to find ways that deal with stress and use some relaxation techniques also. You should also see a sudden decrease in the production or supply of breast milk if issues arise like your baby needs surgery or has some sudden health problems. It’s always stressful to manage especially becoming a new mother or having another child.
- If you are concerned that how can I produce more breast milk then go on a nursing vacations or pumping holiday as this is also a natural way that can increase the production of your breast milk. Take advantage of two to three consecutive days or a weekend where you can only pump or feed frequently around the clock. You can get your baby into the bed with you or carry your baby in a nursing sling nearby. After every breastfeeding session pumps your breasts for 10 minutes or use power pumping, and also after lunch, dinner or breakfast is also beneficial. Pumping is one of the effective ways to naturally increase the production of breast milk.
- You can also increase the production of breast milk through herbal remedies and by taking healthy diet. Make few healthy additions in your diet that can naturally increase the production or supply of your breast milk. Here are some herbs or foods given below that can help nursing mothers who are worried that, how can I produce more breast milk which is:
- Oatmeal is a fantastic and healthy addition in your diet that helps for building and maintaining your supply of milk. Whether you sprinkle oats granola on your yoghurt or enjoy a hearty bowl of hot oats in the morning but you have to make sure you are eating some oats every day. Oats are healthy as it helps to maintain blood pressure regulation and helps lower cholesterol but can also increase the supply or production of your breast milk.
- Garlic is also beneficial and healthy for lactating mothers so add some garlic in your meals to increase the production of breast milk. For centuries, garlic has been used by the nursing mothers to help boost the production of milk. If you don’t like garlic in meals then a modern bonus for nursing mothers is also available which a garlic pill is. Garlic pills have no aftertaste and are commercially available.
- The benefits of carrots are no more hidden from anyone, but carrots are also beneficial for the nursing mothers. Carrots are full of beta-carotene and a good source of carbohydrates that boosts your potassium and increase your breast milk supply. For easy snacking peel and slice a bag of carrots and store them in your fridge. Snacking on carrots also help mothers to lose some stubborn baby weight.
- Fennel is another healthy herb that can increase the production of breast milk because fennel is widely believed to be an excellent galactagogue. You can stew it, sauté it or even toss it raw into a salad. This herb is not for you if you dislike black licorice or anise. Apart from increasing or boosting the production of breast milk, fennel seeds are also aid in settling an upset belly and are good for digestion.
These are some healthy vegetables or herbs; with the addition of these in the diet of nursing mothers who are concerned that how can I produce more breast milk for the little one. These all herbs or vegetables are easily available and you can add them easily in your diet.
Above mentioned milk boosting supplements are also beneficial for the production of breast milk and you can experience the effective results of these supplements in as little as 24/72 hours as these supplements can increase the daily production of your breast milk up to 86%. These supplements are safe healthy for mothers and the results of this milk boosting supplements are clinically proven. Boost – Breast Milk Enhancer and Lactation Supplements are different from other milk enhancers because these supplements are specifically made from all herbal ingredients that boost the production of breast milk. To know more about the supplements and to order these milk boosting supplements you can visit boostbreastmilk.