You probably have tons of questions running in your mind as a nursing mother. All you are concerned is about the health and growth of your little one and wanted to do nothing less than your best. One of the most important questions that many of nursing mothers can ask is what to eat during your feeding months and that food will ensure a good supply and production of breast milk. In the nursing time period, most of the mothers are worried and find some healthy ways to increase breast milk production. With regards to food and health of a nursing mother, the nursing phase is actually the one in which a mother requires a lot of attention. To your post-delivery recovery, whatever you eat during this time period is crucial. A healthy food you eat in your nursing time period will directly affect the production and supply of your breast milk.
What are the healthy ways to increase breast milk production?
To keep nursing or frequently nursing your little one is one if the best ways to increase breast milk production. To make milk from your baby is one of the better ways as compared to any other method to produce milk in your body. During the breastfeeding, the simulations of nerves help to increase the production of milk in the breasts. The emptying of the breast milk signals your body to increase the production of milk. If you still need an improvement after feeling milk supply in breast then you should consider adding foods as one of the best ways to increase breast milk production.
Foods that help to Increase Breast Milk Production:
There are certain foods that enhance lactation and are one of the healthiest ways to increase breast milk production. Breast milk contains all prime nutrients that are specifically required for the brain development and overall growth of a newborn baby. You can also increase the production of breast milk through Boost – Breast Milk Enhancer and Lactation Supplements and you can get the detail of these 100% natural and healthy supplements from boostbreastmilk. Here is also a list of some healthy foods are given below that are included in the diet of nursing mothers just to increase the production of breast milk. These foods are not only best for the production of breast milk but also great in terms of bringing back your health.
- Oatmeal: Add oatmeal in the diet of nursing mothers and it can be easy to prepare a meal. Benefits of oats are:
- During the post, pregnancy oats are considered to be best to control the occurrence of diabetes.
- Oatmeal itself is loaded with high amount energy.
- Oats are good for your digestion as it contains fiber.
- For breakfast, make a habit of having a bowl of oat meal and if having oatmeal is not appetizing then you can try some oat cookies.
- Salmon: Salomon is one of the great sources of omega 3 and essential fatty acids and having salmon in the diet is one of the healthy ways to increase breast milk production for nursing mothers.
- For lactation or nursing mothers. Both omega 3 and essential amino acids are highly nutritious.
- The addition of salmon in your menu can boost lactation hormones and make you breast milk more nutritious.
- Opt for grilled, boiled or even steamed salmon.
- Beet and Spinach Leaves: Beet and spinach leaves are rich in iron, folic acid, and calcium.
- For recouping anemic mothers, beet and spinach leaves are essential.
- These can also help to make your baby strong.
- These can also contain a good amount of detoxifying agents.
- In a midday soup, all the nursing mothers include these leaves in your diet as a necessary element.
- Spinach leaves contain some plant chemicals that help to prevent breast cancer.
- Too much spinach can cause diarrhea in your baby so remember to eat spinach in moderation.
- Carrots: carrots will work wonders in lactation so mothers who are worried about their milk supply can drink a glass of carrot juice with lunch or breakfast as the addition of carrots in your diet is one the healthiest ways to increase breast milk production.
- Carrots too have so many lactations promoting qualities like spinach.
- Carrots contain a high amount of vitamin A which boosts the quality of your milk and complements lactation.
- Try having a pureed carrots stirred with sugar and warm milk especially in winters.
- You can also take carrots as steamed, raw or even pureed to a soup.
- Fennel Seeds: All the nursing mothers know well about the importance of fennel seeds as they are widely used to boost the production and supply of breast milk.
- Fennel seeds are digestives so they mainly help to control baby-colic.
- Along with seasoning to vegetable fillings, fennel seeds can be added along and you can also add them in your tea or you can drink few fennel seeds with boiled milk.
- As a mouth fresher, pop in few fennel seeds after a meal.
- Fenugreek seeds: the addition of fenugreek seeds in your diet is also an effective ways to increase breast milk production.
- To prevent the post delivery constipation, chew some fenugreek seeds along with a glass of milk.
- It enhances the quantity of breast milk in nursing mothers.
- Toss in the fenugreek seeds with flavoring and seasoning.
- By mixing the fenugreek seeds and rice as a pancake, have them for breakfast.
- Bottle Gourd: Generally the bottle gourd is not a preferable vegetable, but it is high on nutrition and is beneficial for nursing mothers.
- Basically, bottle gourd is a summer vegetable which is high in water content. This vegetable can keep the nursing mothers hydrated.
- Adding of bottle gourd in your diet is a healthy ways to increase breast milk production.
- It aids in lactation and also easy to digest.
- If you don’t like it as a vegetable filling then you can also use it in making sweet puddings.
- To normalize a raised blood sugar levels during post-delivery, drink a freshly made bottle gourd juice. Make sure that juice is fresh.
- Basil Leaves: usage of basil leaves in the diet of nursing mothers is an effective way to increase breast milk production as these are a great source of anti-oxidants.
- Basil leaves contain a calming effect which is very necessary while lactating.
- It can also boost the immunity levels of your baby.
- You can add few basil leaves in your tea.
- Add few basil leaves in a hot boil water and have this water daily in the morning as the first thing and then experience the effect.
- Garlic: To increase the production of breast milk, garlic is considered to be the best food as in nursing mothers it is well-known for boosting lactation.
- This chemical compound is beneficial in lactation.
- The consumption of garlic also prevents all types of cancer.
- In your soup, toss in a few stir-fried garlic cloves.
- Add garlic cloves in the vegetables of your choice.
- At every alternate day, stir fry some handful garlic cloves in ghee and have it with the steamed rice.
- Barley: consumption of barley by nursing mothers is the healthy ways to increase breast milk production as it not only boosts lactation but also keeps you hydrated.
- Boil barley in water and have that water throughout the day.
- Toss in the whole barley in vegetables of your favorite flavoring as the addition of barley in the diet of nursing mothers allows a healthy increase in the production of breast milk.
Apart from the fact what to eat to increase breast milk production you also tale care what or avoid or not include in your diet as a nursing mother. Avoid foods that generate gas like raw banana, raw mango, pulses, and potato. Instead of animal food products, take nutrient supplements if you are a vegan. Before adding anything in your post-pregnancy diet, it is always advisable to consult with your doctor.
By having a healthy diet immediately after delivery keeps you healthy and active. Have a healthy diet as it is not only healthy for you but also for the good health and better growth of your baby. If a mother is healthy then her baby will also be healthy and active and the health of mother depends on a good diet and rest.
As a nursing mother, if you are worried because of low milk supply then try the above mentioned Boost – Breast Milk Enhancer and Lactation supplements. These supplements are not available in the local medical stores or anywhere in the market but you only get them from their official website and to order these supplement visit boostbreastmilk. You can also get the other details related to boost milk enhancer supplements from this website.